Whole Roasting Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Remove giblets from thawed chicken and rinse.
- Dry chicken and lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan, cover and roast in preheated oven.
- Roast whole chicken for 20 minutes per pound, plus an additional 15 minutes. Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees F.
Roasting a chicken can be as simple as the above directions or can be dressed up with the following ideas:
- Make a traditional bread stuffing and stuff the cavity of the chicken prior to roasting
- Stuff the cavity with thyme, pieces of lemon and garlic.
- Season the outside by brushing butter on the chicken, sprinkle salt and pepper and rosemary
- Make it a one pot supper. Add chopped potatoes, carrots, onions in roasting pan with the chicken, toss in your favorite cooking oil and season.